How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
If you’re ready to upgrade your Pottstown drives with a new model, you may be wondering what to do with your current model. Most dealers in the area will offer to buy your vehicle from you. This means saving more on your next vehicle while eliminating the hassle of trying to sell the vehicle yourself. Learn more about how to sell a car at a dealership with our finance team at Springfield Mitsubishi - Reading today.
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
Selling your car to a Lancaster dealership is an easy process:
- Clean Up Your Car: Having your car washed, detailed, and replacing small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats is a great way to increase the value of your vehicle before you bring it to the dealership.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Having a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle, a list of its additional features, and a list of its accessories like extra key fobs or bike mounts will increase the value of your vehicle and make it more appealing to dealerships.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Having your vehicle’s title ready when you sell it will save time on the dealer’s end and get you your offer faster.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Use tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to find the trade-in value of your car. You can use this number to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to buy your car for.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: If you have a newer, gently used vehicle then most Allentown dealerships will buy it regardless of their inventory or the car’s initial condition. However, if you have an older model car then you may find it’s easier to sell it at a used car dealership instead.
What to Expect
Once you prepare your car for sale, you can start the following steps:
- Make an Appointment: While you can walk into a dealership and sell your car, it’s best to make an appointment so the dealer knows to expect you and can have the proper documents ready.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. They’ll collect your information, then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: In some cases, the Used Car Manager will inspect your vehicle, or they’ll have it taken to their service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Based on what the dealership offers you, you can accept the offer or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.
Benefits of Selling Your Car
Selling your vehicle to a dealership offers multiple benefits:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: Avoid the hassles of selling your car privately and save time. You won’t have to worry about listing your car online, fielding potential buyers, and inviting strangers to your Lancaster home for test drives.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Using your vehicle as a trade-in allows you to apply your current vehicle’s value towards your new car. This allows you to offset the price of your new vehicle or significantly lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade-in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from Springfield Mitsubishi - Reading, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Sell Your Car to Springfield Mitsubishi - Reading!
No matter if you trade in your vehicle or you sell it yourself and buy a new model from us at Springfield Mitsubishi - Reading near Allentown, we can help you with your next steps. Contact our team in the meantime with any questions.
More from Springfield Mitsubishi - Reading
Reading drivers seem to be pretty impressed with the new Outlander Sport, and so are we. There’s a lot to love about the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, inside and out, but the interior is especially impressive. It has lots of room, plenty of features, and looks great, too. There are plenty of reasons why this SUV…
Meet the 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, a brand-new addition to the Outlander lineup for the new model year that represents the future of Mitsubishi hybrid models. The new Outlander PHEV seats up to seven passengers, boasts extended range, and generates low emissions, all of which make for accommodating, strong drives around Pottstown. Discover this…
Curious about the 2023 Mitsubishi Mirage interior? We don’t blame you. This compact hatchback is a popular choice for Pottstown drivers making their daily Lancaster drives and beyond. You can enjoy a huge collection of interior features, great fuel economy, a sporty transmission, and more when you choose the new Mitsubishi Mirage. Learn more…